36 CFR 13.920 - Wildlife distance conditions.
(a) Bears. The following are prohibited:
(1) Approaching within 300 yards of a bear; or
(2) Engaging in photography within 300 yards of a bear.
(b) Other wildlife. The following are prohibited:
(1) Approaching within 25 yards of a moose, caribou, Dall sheep, wolf, an active raptor nest, or occupied den site; or
(2) Engaging in photography within 25 yards of a moose, caribou, Dall sheep, wolf, an active raptor nest, or occupied den site.
(c) Prohibitions. The prohibitions in this section do not apply to persons -
(1) Within a motor vehicle or a hard sided building;
(2) Within 2 yards of their motor vehicle or entrance to a hard sided building that is 25 yards or more from a bear;
(3) Engaged in legal hunting or trapping activities;
(4) In compliance with a written protocol approved by the Superintendent;
(5) Who are otherwise directed by a park employee; or
(6) In accordance with a permit from the Superintendent.
Title 36 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 36 CFR Part 13 after this date.