36 CFR 254.22 - Designation and public notice.
(a) A Forest Service official must -
(1) Ensure the application meets the requirements of § 254.21;
(2) Process an order to set aside and designate the lands for townsite purposes; and
(3) Transmit, where applicable, a copy of the designation order to the State Director, Bureau of Land Management.
(b) The designation order will segregate the lands from other forms of entry as long as the application remains in force.
(c) The designation order does not preclude compatible land adjustments under the Secretary's authority within the area set aside.
(d) A Forest Service official must prepare a public notice of the proposed townsite sale to be inserted once a week for 4 consecutive weeks in a local newspaper:
(1) The notice shall include descriptive information on the proposed townsite sale and identify the applicant and responsible Forest Service official; and
(2) A period of 45 days, from first date of publication, must be provided for accepting public comments.
Title 36 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:27
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 36 CFR Part 254 after this date.