36 CFR 3.14 - Am I required to remove a sunken, grounded, or disabled vessel?
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, the owners or authorized salvager of a sunken, grounded, or disabled vessel must remove the vessel, all component parts and equipment, and all associated cargo thereof in accordance with procedures established by the superintendent. In establishing removal procedures, the superintendent is authorized to:
(1) Establish a reasonable date by which vessel removal operations must be complete;
(2) Determine times and means of access to and from the vessel; and
(3) Specify the manner or method of removal.
(1) The removal would constitute an unacceptable risk to human life;
(2) The removal would result in extensive resource damage; or
(3) The removal is impracticable or impossible.
Title 36 published on 01-Feb-2018 04:05
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 36 CFR Part 3 after this date.