§ 3.14Am I required to remove a sunken, grounded, or disabled vessel?
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, the owners or authorized salvager of a sunken, grounded, or disabled vessel must remove the vessel, all component parts and equipment, and all associated cargo thereof in accordance with procedures established by the superintendent. In establishing removal procedures, the superintendent is authorized to:
(1) Establish a reasonable date by which vessel removal operations must be complete;
(2) Determine times and means of access to and from the vessel; and
(3) Specify the manner or method of removal.
(b) The superintendent may waive the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section or prohibit removal of the vessel, equipment, or cargo upon a written determination that:
(1) The removal would constitute an unacceptable risk to human life;
(2) The removal would result in extensive resource damage; or
(3) The removal is impracticable or impossible.
Title 36 published on 2014-07-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 36.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.