37 CFR § 42.410 - Arbitration.
(a) Parties may resort to binding arbitration to determine any issue. The Office is not a party to the arbitration. The Board is not bound by, and may independently determine, any question of patentability.
(1) It is to be conducted according to Title 9 of the United States Code;
(2) The parties notify the Board in writing of their intention to arbitrate;
(3) The agreement to arbitrate:
(i) Is in writing;
(ii) Specifies the issues to be arbitrated;
(iii) Names the arbitrator, or provides a date not more than 30 days after the execution of the agreement for the selection of the arbitrator;
(v) Provides that a copy of the agreement is filed within 20 days after its execution; and
(vi) Provides that the arbitration is completed within the time the Board sets.
(c) The parties are solely responsible for the selection of the arbitrator and the conduct of the arbitration.
(d) The Board may determine issues the arbitration does not resolve.
(e) The Board will not consider the arbitration award unless it:
(1) Is binding on the parties;
(2) Is in writing;
(3) States in a clear and definite manner each issue arbitrated and the disposition of each issue; and
(4) Is filed within 20 days of the date of the award.
(f) Once the award is filed, the parties to the award may not take actions inconsistent with the award. If the award is dispositive of the contested subject matter for a party, the Board may enter judgment as to that party.