38 CFR 18.550 - Exhaustion of administrative remedies.
(1) 180 days have elapsed since the complainant filed the complaint and VA has made no finding with regard to the complaint; or
(2) VA issues any finding in favor of the recipient.
(1) Promptly advise the complainant of this fact; and
(2) Advise the complainant of his or her right to bring a civil action for injunctive relief; and
(3) Inform the complainant that:
(ii) A complainant prevailing in a civil action has the right to be awarded the costs of the action, including reasonable attorney's fees, but the complainant must demand these costs in the complaint;
(iv) The notice must state: The alleged violation of the Act; the relief requested; the court in which the complainant is bringing the action; and, whether or not attorney's fees are demanded in the event the complainant prevails; and