38 CFR 21.188 - “Extended evaluation” status.
(a)Purpose. The purposes of extended evaluation status are to:
(1) Identify a veteran for whom a period of extended evaluation is needed; and
(2) Assure that necessary services are provided by VA during the extended evaluation.
(c)Continuation in extended evaluation status. A veteran's case will be in extended evaluation status during periods in which:
(3) The veteran is on authorized leave of absence during an extended evaluation.
(d)Termination of extended evaluation status. A veteran in extended evaluation status will remain in that status until one of the following events occur:
(1) Following notification of necessary arrangements to begin an extended evaluation, the date the extended evaluation begins, and instructions as to the next steps to be taken, the veteran:
(i) Fails to report and does not respond to followup contact by the case manager;
(ii) Declines or refuses to enter the program; or
(3) The veteran completes the extended evaluation;
(4) Either the veteran or VA interrupts the extended evaluation;
Title 38 published on 2015-12-03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 21 after this date.