38 CFR § 21.192 - “Independent living program” status.
(a) Purpose. The independent living program status serves to:
(1) Identify veterans who are being furnished a program of independent living services by VA; and
(2) Assure that such veterans receive necessary services from VA in a timely manner.
(c) Continuation in independent living program status. A veteran will be in independent living program status during periods in which:
(2) The veteran receives rehabilitation services prescribed in an IILP; or
(3) The veteran is on authorized leave of absence status.
(d) Termination of independent living program status. When a veteran's case has been assigned to independent living program status, the case will be terminated from that status, if one of the following occurs:
(1) A veteran, who has been notified of necessary arrangements to begin a program, the date the program begins and instructions as to the next steps to be taken:
(i) Fails to report and does not respond to followup contact by the case manager;
(ii) Declines or refuses to enter the program; or
(iii) Defers entry for more than 30 days beyond the scheduled beginning date, unless the deferment is due to illness or other sufficient reason.
(2) The veteran completes the IILP;
(3) Either the veteran or VA interrupts the program;