38 CFR 21.250 - Overview of employment services.
(a)General. Employment services shall be provided if:
(1) Eligibility for employment services exists;
(2) The employment services which are needed have been identified; and
(1) The termprogram (period) of employment services includes the counseling, medical, social, and other placement and postplacement services provided to a veteran under 38 U.S.C. Chapter 31 to assist the veteran in obtaining or maintaining suitable employment. The termprogram of employment services is used only if the veteran's eligibility under Chapter 31 is limited to employment services.
(2) The termjob development means a comprehensive professional service to assist the individual veteran to actually obtain a suitable job, and not simply the solicitation of jobs on behalf of the veteran. Continuing and mutually beneficial relationships with employers should be established by VA staff through referral of suitable employees and supportive services (e.g., adjustment counseling and job modification). Job development activities by VA staff are intended to provide disabled workers with a chance for suitable employment with cooperating employers.
(c)Determining eligibility for, and the extent of, employment services.
(2) The duration of the period of employment services is determined under provisions of § 21.73;
Title 38 published on 2015-12-03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 21 after this date.