38 CFR 21.296 - Selecting a training establishment for on-job training.
(1) Sign an agreement to provide on-job training to disabled veterans;
(2) Provide continuous training for each veteran without interruption except for normal holidays and vacation periods;
(4) Modify the program when necessary to compensate for the limitations resulting from the veteran's disability or needs;
(5) Organize training into definite steps or units which will result in progressive training;
(6) Encourage rapid progress of each veteran rather than limit the progress of the individual to the progress of the group;
(7) Not, during the period of training, use the veteran on production activities beyond the point of efficient training;
(i) Commensurate with the value of the veteran's productive labor,
(ii) Not less than that prescribed by the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, as amended, and
(iii) Not less than that customarily paid to nonveteran-trainees in the same or similar training situation;
(10) Agree to furnish VA a statement in writing showing wages, compensation, and other income paid directly or indirectly to each veteran in training under Chapter 31 during the month.
(b)On-job training at subminimum wage rates. A subminimum hourly wage rate for handicapped workers may be considered where necessary in order to prevent curtailment of opportunities for employment. Payment at the subminimum rate must be approved by the Wage and Hour Division of the Department of Labor.
Title 38 published on 2015-12-03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 21 after this date.