38 CFR 21.4259 - Suspension or disapproval.
(a) The appropriate State approving agency, after approving any course or licensing or certification test:
(1) May suspend the approval of a course for new enrollments, or approval of a licensing or certification test, for a period not to exceed 60 days to allow the institution to correct any deficiencies, if the evidence of record establishes that the course or licensing or certification test fails to meet any of the requirements for approval.
(2) Will immediately disapprove the course or licensing or certification test, if any of the requirements for approval are not being met and the deficiency cannot be corrected within a period of 60 days.
(3) Upon suspension or disapproval, the State approving agency will notify the educational institution by certified or registered letter with a return receipt secured ( 38 U.S.C. 3679). It is incumbent upon the State approving agency to determine the conduct of courses and to take immediate appropriate action in each case in which it is found that the conduct of a course in any manner fails to comply with the requirements for approval.
(c) The Department of Veterans Affairs will suspend approval for or disapprove courses or licensing or certification tests under conditions specified in paragraph (a) of this section where it functions for the State approving agency. See § 21.4150(c).
(d) The Department of Veterans Affairs will immediately notify the State approving agency in each case of Department of Veterans Affairs suspension or disapproval of any school under 38 U.S.C. chapter 31.
- 38 CFR 21.7720 — Course Approval.
- 38 CFR 21.4135 — Discontinuance Dates.
- 38 CFR 21.7220 — Course Approval.
- 38 CFR 21.5250 — Courses.
- 38 CFR 21.4250 — Course and Licensing and Certification Test Approval; Jurisdiction and Notices.
- 38 CFR 21.4252 — Courses Precluded; Erroneous, Deceptive, or Misleading Practices.
- 38 CFR 21.4268 — Approval of Licensing and Certification Tests.