38 CFR 21.5725 - Obtaining benefits.
(a)Actions required of the individual. In order to obtain benefits under the educational assistance and subsistence allowance program, an individual must -
(1) File a claim for benefits with VA, and
(b)VA action upon receipt of a claim. Upon receipt of a claim from an individual VA shall -
(1) Determine if the individual, or the veteran upon whose service the claim is based, has or had basic eligibility;
(2) Determine that the eligibility period has not expired;
(3) Determine that the individual has remaining entitlement;
(4) Verify that the individual is attending an accredited institution;
(5) Determine whether payments may be made for the course, and
(6) Make appropriate payments of educational assistance and subsistence allowance.
Title 38 published on 2015-12-03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 21 after this date.