38 CFR 21.84 - Individualized written rehabilitation plan.
(1) Identify goals and objectives to be achieved by the veteran during the period of rehabilitation services that will lead to the point of employability;
(2) Plan for placement of the veteran in the occupational field for which training and other services will be provided; and
(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 3107)
(1) A statement of long-range rehabilitation goals. Each statement of long-range goals shall include at a minimum:
(ii) One vocational goal and, if applicable, one independent living goal for a veteran with a serious employment handicap.
(2) Intermediate rehabilitation objectives; Intermediate objectives are statements of achievement expected of the veteran to attain the long-range goal. The development of appropriate intermediate objectives is the cornerstone of an effective plan. Intermediate objectives should have the following characteristics:
(ii) The activity specified is definable in terms of observable behavior (e.g., pursuing an A.A. degree);
(3) The specific services to be provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs as stated. Counseling shall be included in all plans for a veteran with a serious employment handicap.
(4) The projected starting and completion dates of the planned services and the duration of each service;
(5) Objective criteria and an evaluation procedure and schedule for determining whether the objectives and goals are being achieved as set forth; and
(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 3107(a))
[49 FR 40814, Oct. 18, 1984; 50 FR 9622, Mar. 11, 1985]
Title 38 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.