38 CFR 21.84 - Individualized written rehabilitation plan.
(a)Purpose. The purposes of the IWRP (Individualized Written Rehabilitation Plan) are to:
(1) Identify goals and objectives to be achieved by the veteran during the period of rehabilitation services that will lead to the point of employability;
(2) Plan for placement of the veteran in the occupational field for which training and other services will be provided; and
(3) Specify the key services needed by the veteran to achieve the goals and objectives of the plan.
(b)Elements of the plan. A plan will include the following:
(1) A statement of long-range rehabilitation goals. Each statement of long-range goals shall include at a minimum:
(2) Intermediate rehabilitation objectives; Intermediate objectives are statements of achievement expected of the veteran to attain the long-range goal. The development of appropriate intermediate objectives is the cornerstone of an effective plan. Intermediate objectives should have the following characteristics:
(i) The activity specified relates to the achievement of the goal;
(ii) The activity specified is definable in terms of observable behavior (e.g., pursuing an A.A. degree);
(iii) The activity has a projected completion date;
(iv) The outcome desired upon completion is measurable (e.g., receiving an A.A. degree).
(4) The projected starting and completion dates of the planned services and the duration of each service;
(5) Objective criteria and an evaluation procedure and schedule for determining whether the objectives and goals are being achieved as set forth; and
(6) The name, location, and phone number of the VBA case manager.
- 38 CFR 21.6515 — Formulation of Rehabilitation Plan.
- 38 CFR 21.6058 — Consequences of Evaluation.
- 38 CFR 21.57 — Extended Evaluation.
- 38 CFR 21.80 — Requirement for a Rehabilitation Plan.
- 38 CFR 21.190 — “Rehabilitation to the Point of Employability” Status.
- 38 CFR 21.194 — “Employment Services” Status.