38 CFR 26.5 - Responsibilities.
(2) Assist in the preparation of environmental documents by VA elements; and, where more than one VA element, or Federal, State, or local agency is involved, assign the lead VA element or propose the lead Federal, State or local agency to prepare the environmental documents;
(3) Recommend appropriate actions to the Secretary of Veterans Affairs on those environmental matters for which the Secretary of Veterans Affairs has final approval authority;
(4) Assist in resolution of disputes concerning environmental matters within VA, and among VA and other Federal, State and local agencies;
(5) Coordinate preparation of VA comments on draft and final environmental impact statements of other agencies;
(6) Serve as the VA's principal liaison to the CEQ, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Office of Management and Budget, and other Federal, State, and local agencies on VA environmental actions; and
(b) VA General Counsel shall provide legal advice and assistance in meeting the requirement of NEPA, the CEQ Regulations and these regulations.
(1) Adopt procedures to ensure that decisions are made in accordance with NEPA, the CEQ Regulations and these regulations; and
(2) Be responsible to prepare environmental documents relating to programs and proposed actions by their elements, when required by these regulations.
(Authority: 42 U.S.C. 4321-4370a)
Title 38 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.