38 CFR § 3.1700 - Types of VA burial benefits.
(a) Burial benefits. VA provides the following types of burial benefits, which are discussed in §§ 3.1700 through 3.1712:
(1) Burial allowance based on service-connected death;
(2) Burial allowance based on non-service-connected death;
(3) Burial allowance for a veteran who died while hospitalized by VA;
(4) Burial plot or interment allowance; and
(5) Reimbursement for transportation of remains.
(b) Definition. For purposes of this subpart, burial means all the legal methods of disposing of the remains of a deceased person, including, but not limited to, cremation, burial at sea, and medical school donation.
(c) Cross references.
(1) Other benefits and services related to the memorialization or interment of a deceased veteran and certain survivors include the following:
(ii) Presidential memorial certificates (see 38 U.S.C. 112);
(iii) Burial flags (see § 1.10 of this chapter); and
The following state regulations pages link to this page.