38 CFR 36.4251 - Loans to finance the purchase of manufactured homes and the cost of necessary site preparation.
(a) A loan to finance the purchase of a manufactured home may include funds (or be augmented by a separate loan) to pay all or a part of the cost of the necessary site preparation of a lot on which to place the manufactured home and the loan shall be eligible for guaranty: Provided, that:
(1) The veteran has, or incident to the transaction will acquire, a title to the lot that conforms to § 36.4253(a).
(2) The loan is secured as required by § 36.4253(d).
(3) The lot is determined by the Secretary to be an acceptable manufactured homesite pursuant to § 36.4208,
(4) The cost of the necessary site preparation is determined by the Secretary to be reasonable.
(5) The amount of the loan to pay for necessary site preparation does not exceed the cost thereof and also does not exceed the reasonable value of the developed lot as determined by the Secretary, and
(6) The loan conforms otherwise to the requirements of the § 36.4200 series.
(b) Notwithstanding that the veteran-borrower's obligation for such site preparation be evidenced and secured separately from the obligation for purchase of the manufactured home, the obligations together shall constitute one loan for the purposes of the § 36.4200 series, including computation of the Secretary's guaranty liability.
(c) The cost of site preparation which will not be paid from the proceeds of the loan must be paid by the veteran in cash from the veteran's own resources.
Title 38 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 36 after this date.