38 CFR 36.4252 - Loans for purchase or refinancing of a manufactured home.
(a) A loan to purchase a manufactured home may include funds (or be augmented by a separate loan) to finance all or part of the cost of acquisition by the veteran of a lot on which to place the manufactured home and the loan shall be eligible for guaranty: Provided, That:
(1) The veteran will acquire title to such lot that conforms to the requirements of § 36.4253(a),
(2) The loan is secured as required by § 36.4253(d),
(5) The loan conforms otherwise to the requirements of the § 36.4200 series.
(b) Notwithstanding that the veteran-borrower's obligation for acquisition of the lot be evidenced and secured separately from the obligation for purchase of the manufactured home, the obligations together (including, where appropriate, that for site preparation) shall constitute one loan for the purposes of the § 36.4200 series, including computation of the Secretary's guaranty liability.
(1) The refinancing of the balance owed by the veteran as purchaser under an existing real estate installment contract, and
(e) A loan to acquire a lot on which to site a manufactured home may include funds to refinance an existing loan made for the purchase of and secured by a manufactured home on which lot the manufactured home is located or will be placed, provided that:
(2) The loan is secured as required by § 36.4253(g),
(6) The portion of the loan allocated to the refinancing of the manufactured home does not exceed an amount equal to the sum of the balance of the loan being refinanced; a reasonable discount as authorized in § 36.4204(d)(8) with respect to that portion of the loan used to refinance the existing purchase money lien on the manufactured loan, and closing costs as authorized in § 36.4232 or § 36.4254, as appropriate,
(7) The loan conforms otherwise to the requirements of the § 36.4200 series,
(8) The veteran-borrower's obligation for acquisition of the lot and for refinancing the existing loan on the manufactured home (including site preparation, where appropriate), shall constitute one loan for the purposes of the § 36.4200 series, including computation of the Secretary's guaranty liability.
Title 38 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 36 after this date.