§ 36.4255 Loans
for the acquisition of a lot
(a) A loan to finance all or part of the cost of acquisition by the veteran of a lot on which to place a manufactured home owned by the veteran shall be eligible for guaranty, Provided, That:
(1) The veteran will acquire title to such lot that conforms to the requirements of § 36.4253(a),
(2) The loan is secured as required by § 36.4253(d),
(3) The lot is determined by the Secretary to be an acceptable manufactured homesite pursuant to § 36.4208,
(4) The portion of the loan allocated to acquisition of the lot does not exceed the reasonable value of the lot as determined by the Secretary,
(5) The loan conforms otherwise to the requirements of the § 36.4200 series.
(b) The cost of lot acquisition which will not be paid from the proceeds of the loan must be paid by the veteran in cash from his or her own resources.
(c) For the purpose of this section, acquisition of a manufactured home lot includes:
(1) The refinancing of the balance owed by the veteran as purchaser under an existing real estate installment contract, and
(2) The refinancing of existing mortgage loans or other liens which are secured of record on a manufactured home lot owned by the veteran.