38 CFR 52.40 - Monthly payment.
(1) During Fiscal Year 2002, VA will pay monthly one-half of the total cost of each eligible veteran's adult day health care for each day the veteran is in a facility recognized as a State home for adult day health care, not to exceed $34.64 per diem.
(2) Per diem will be paid only for a day that the veteran is under the care of the facility at least six hours. For purposes of this paragraph a day means
(i) Six hours or more in one calendar day; or
(ii) Any two periods of at least 3 hours each (but each less than six hours) in any two calendar days in a calendar month.
(3) As a condition for receiving payment of per diem under this part, the State must submit a completed VA Form 10-5588, “State Home Report and Statement of Federal Aid Claimed.” This form is available at any VA medical center and at http://www.va.gov/vaforms.
(4) Initial payments will not be made until the Under Secretary for Health recognizes the State home. However, payments will be made retroactively for care that was provided on and after the date of the completion of the VA survey of the facility that provided the basis for determining that the facility met the standards of this part.
(5) As a condition for receiving payment of per diem under this part, the State must submit to the VA medical center of jurisdiction for each veteran the following completed VA forms: 10-10EZ, “Application for Medical Benefits”, and 10-10SH, “State Home Program Application for Care - Medical Certification”, at the time of enrollment and with any request for a change in the level of care (nursing home, domiciliary or hospital care). These forms are available at any VA medical center and at http://www.va.gov/vaforms. If the program is eligible to receive per diem payments for adult day health care for a veteran, VA will pay per diem under this part from the date of receipt of the completed forms required by this paragraph (a)(5), except that VA will pay per diem from the day on which the veteran was enrolled in the program if VA receives the completed forms within 10 days after enrollment.
(b) For determining “the one-half of the total cost” under paragraph (a)(1) of this section, total per diem costs for an eligible veteran's adult day health care consist of those direct and indirect costs attributable to adult day health care at the facility divided by the total number of participants enrolled in the adult day health care program. Relevant cost principles are set forth in 2 CFR part 200.
Title 38 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 52 after this date.