38 CFR 62.22 - Scoring criteria for supportive services grant applicants.
(a) VA will award up to 35 points based on the background, qualifications, experience, and past performance, of the applicant, and any subcontractors identified by the applicant in the supportive services grant application, as demonstrated by the following:
(1) Background and organizational history.
(2) Staff qualifications.
(3) Organizational qualifications and past performance.
(ii) Applicant, and any identified subcontractors, have organizational experience coordinating services for very low-income families among multiple organizations, Federal, State, local and tribal governmental entities.
(iii) Applicant, and any identified subcontractors, have organizational experience administering a program similar in type and scale to the Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program to very low-income families.
(4) Experience working with veterans.
(iii) Applicant, and any identified subcontractors, have organizational experience coordinating services for veterans among multiple organizations, Federal, State, local and tribal governmental entities.
(1) Need for program.
(2) Outreach and screening plan.
(i) Applicant has a feasible outreach and referral plan to identify and assist very low-income veteran families occupying permanent housing that may be eligible for supportive services and are most in need of supportive services. The plan ensures that the applicant's program will assist very low-income families who also meet the requirements of § 62.20(a)(2).
(3) Program concept.
(i) Applicant's program concept, size, scope, and staffing plan are feasible.
(4) Program implementation timeline.
(5) Collaboration and communication with VA. Applicant has a plan to coordinate outreach and services with local VA facilities.
(6) Ability to meet VA's requirements, goals and objectives for the Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program. Applicant is committed to ensuring that its program meets VA's requirements, goals and objectives for the Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program as identified in this part and the Notice of Fund Availability.
(7) Capacity to undertake program. Applicant has sufficient capacity, including staff resources, to undertake the program.
(c) VA will award up to 15 points based on the applicant's quality assurance and evaluation plan, as demonstrated by the following:
(1) Program evaluation.
(i) Applicant has created clear, realistic, and measurable goals that reflect the Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program's aim of reducing and preventing homelessness among very low-income veteran families against which the applicant's program performance can be evaluated.
(ii) Applicant plans to continually assess the program.
(3) Remediation. Applicant has a plan to establish a system to remediate non-compliant aspects of the program if and when they are identified.
(4) Management and reporting. Applicant's program management team has the capability and a system in place to provide to VA timely and accurate reports at the frequency set by VA.
(d) VA will award up to 15 points based on the applicant's financial capability and plan, as demonstrated by the following:
(2) Financial feasibility of program.
(ii) Applicant's program is cost-effective and can be effectively implemented on-budget.
(1) Area or community linkages. Applicant has a plan for developing or has existing linkages with Federal (including VA), State, local, and tribal government agencies, and private entities for the purposes of providing additional services to participants.
(2) Past working relationships. Applicant (or applicant's staff), and any identified subcontractors (or subcontractors' staff), have fostered successful working relationships and linkages with public and private organizations providing services to veterans or very low-income families in need of services similar to the supportive services.
(3) Local presence and knowledge.
Title 38 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 62 after this date.