38 CFR § 77.13 - Applications for noncompetitive adaptive sports grants.
(a) When VA identifies that an eligible entity is the only entity capable of providing an adaptive sports activity for disabled veterans and disabled members of the Armed Forces, and VA determines that the award of a grant to this entity is warranted to enable adaptive sports activities for disabled veterans and disabled members of the Armed Forces, VA may request that entity to submit a grant application. To verify that only one entity is capable of providing an adaptive sports activity:
(2) VA must receive a written statement from an entity which verifies that a particular adaptive sports activity is only available from a named non-Federal entity; or
(3) After VA attempts to find competition for a grant by issuing a NOFA, VA receives only one application to provide the adaptive sports activity sought under the NOFA or having received no applications, engages a qualified adaptive sport entity to negotiate provision of the adaptive sports activity sought.
(b) To submit an application for a noncompetitive adaptive sports grant, an applicant must obtain from VA an adaptive sports grant application package and submit to VA the information called for in the adaptive sports grant application package within the time period established in the NOFA.
(c) The noncompetitive adaptive sports grant application must include:
(1) Information regarding the program design and supporting evidence directly linking the program to the achievement of the program's objectives;
(3) Description of the type of adaptive sports activities that would be provided;
(4) Documentation concerning the estimated operating costs and operating budget for the adaptive sports activities for which a grant is sought;
(5) Documentation that the applicant has the technical expertise needed; and
(i) It will provide adequate financial and administrative support for providing the services set forth in the adaptive sports grant application and will actually provide such services; and
(ii) It will keep records and submit reports as VA may reasonably require, within the time frames required; and give VA, upon demand, access to the records upon which such information is based.