39 CFR § 255.2 - Definitions.
(a) Agency as used in this part means the Postal Service.
(b) Area/functional vice president also includes his or her designee.
(c) Electronic and information technology (EIT) includes “information technology” and any equipment or interconnected system or subsystem of equipment that is used in the creation, conversion, or duplication of data or information. The term does not include any equipment that contains embedded information technology that is used as an integral part of the product, but the principal function of which is not the acquisition, storage, manipulation, management, movement, control, display, switching, interchange, transmission, or reception of data or information.
(d) Formal complaint means a written statement that contains the complainant's name, address, and telephone number, sets forth the nature of the complainant's disability, and describes the agency's alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the agency of the nature of the alleged violation of section 504 or of section 508. It shall be signed by the complainant or by someone authorized to do so on the complainant's behalf.
(e) Individual with a disability. For purposes of this part, “individual with a disability” means any person who—
(1) Has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of such person's major life activities;
(2) Has a record of such an impairment; or
(3) Is regarded as having such an impairment.
(f) Information technology means any equipment, or interconnected system or subsystem of equipment, that is used in the automatic acquisition, storage, manipulation, management, movement, control, display, switching, interchange, transmission, or reception of data or information.
(g) Postal manager. As used in this part, “postal manager” means the manager or official responsible for a service, facility, program, or activity.
(h) Qualified individual with a disability. For purposes of this part, “qualified individual with a disability” means—
(1) With respect to any Postal Service program or activity, except for employment, under which a person is required to perform services or to achieve a level of accomplishment, an individual with a disability who meets the essential eligibility requirements and who can achieve the purpose of the program or activity without modifications in the program or activity that the agency can demonstrate would result in a fundamental alteration in its nature; or
(2) With respect to any other program or activity, except for employment, an individual with a disability who meets the essential eligibility requirements for participation in, or receipt of benefits from, that program or activity; or
(3) With respect to employment, an individual with a disability who can perform the essential functions of the job in question with or without reasonable accommodation.
(l) Undue burden means significant difficulty or expense.
(m) Vice President and Consumer Advocate also includes his or her designee.