39 CFR 3001.9 - Filing of documents.
(a)Filing with the Commission. The filing of each written document required or authorized by these rules or any applicable statute, rule, regulation, or order of the Commission, or by direction of the presiding officer, shall be made using the Internet (Filing Online) pursuant to § 3001.10(a) at the Commission's Web site (http://www.prc.gov), unless a waiver is obtained. If a waiver is obtained, a hard copy document may be filed either by mailing or by hand delivery to the Office of Secretary and Administration, Postal Regulatory Commission, 901 New York Avenue NW., Suite 200, Washington, DC 20268-0001 during regular business hours on a date no later than that specified for such filing. The requirements of this section do not apply to participants other than the Postal Service in proceedings conducted pursuant to part 3025 of this chapter.
(b)Account holder. In order for a document to be accepted using Filing Online, it must be submitted to the Commission by a principal account holder or an agent account holder (Filing Online account holder). The authority of the principal account holder to represent the participant on whose behalf the document is filed must be valid and current, in conformance with § 3001.6. The authority of an agent account holder to submit documents for a principal account holder must be valid and current. A principal account holder must promptly inform the Secretary of any change in his/her authority to represent participants in a proceeding or any change in the authority delegated to an agent account holder to submit documents on his/her behalf.
(c)Acceptance for filing. Only such documents as conform to the requirements of this part and any other applicable rule or order authorized by the Commission shall be accepted for filing. In order for a document to be accepted using Filing Online, it must be submitted to the Commission by a Filing Online account holder.
(1) Subject to § 3001.9(d):
(i) A document submitted through Filing Online is filed on the date indicated on the receipt issued by the Secretary. It is accepted when the Secretary, after review, has posted it on the Daily Listing page of the Commission's Web site.
(2) Any document received after the close of regular business hours or on a Saturday, Sunday, or federal holiday, shall be deemed to be filed on the next regular business day.
(d)Rejected filings. Any filing that does not comply with any applicable rule or order authorized by the Commission may be rejected. Any filing that is rejected is deemed not to have been filed with the Commission. If a filing is rejected, the Secretary or the Secretary's designee will notify the person submitting the filing, indicating the reason(s) for rejection. Acceptance for filing shall not waive any failure to comply with this part, and such failure may be cause for subsequently striking all or any part of any document.
(e)Account holder exemptions. Notices of intervention and comments solicited by the Commission may be filed under temporary Filing Online accounts. Temporary Filing Online accounts may be obtained without meeting all of the requirements of paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section, and the subscription requirements of § 3001.11(e). Other categories of documents may be filed under temporary Filing Online accounts under extraordinary circumstances, for good cause shown.
- 39 CFR 3007.10 — Submission of Non-Public Materials Under Seal.
- 39 CFR 3001.27 — Requests for Production of Documents or Things for Purpose of Discovery.
- 39 CFR 3001.30 — Hearings.
- 39 CFR 3001.26 — Interrogatories for Purpose of Discovery.
- 39 CFR 3001.10 — Form and Number of Copies of Documents.
- 39 CFR 3001.28 — Requests for Admissions for Purpose of Discovery.
- 39 CFR 3001.89 — Admissions.
- 39 CFR 3001.31 — Evidence.
- 39 CFR 3001.32 — Appeals From Rulings of the Presiding Officer.
- 39 CFR 3001.20 — Formal Intervention.
- 39 CFR 3001.21 — Motions.
- 39 CFR 3001.87 — Interrogatories.
- 39 CFR 3010.65 — Special Procedures Applicable to Exigent Requests.
- 39 CFR 3001.9 — Filing of Documents.
- 39 CFR 3030.11 — Service.
- 39 CFR 3002.10 — The Commission and Its Offices.
- 39 CFR 3001.20a — Limited Participation by Persons Not Parties.
- 39 CFR 3001.88 — Production of Documents.
- 39 CFR 3001.92 — Hearings.
- 39 CFR 3001.75 — Motions.
- 39 CFR 3025.2 — Applicability.
- 39 CFR 3001.93 — Initial and Reply Briefs.
- 39 CFR 3001.82 — Filing of Formal Requests.
- 39 CFR 3001.34 — Briefs.