39 CFR 3002.16 - Office of Inspector General.
prev | next
(1) Provide policy direction and conduct, supervise, and coordinate audits and investigations relating to the programs and operations of the Commission;
(2) Review existing and proposed legislation and regulations relating to programs and operations of the Commission;
(3) Make recommendations in semiannual reports concerning the impact of such legislation or regulations on the economy and efficiency of programs and operations administered or financed by the Commission or on the prevention and detection of fraud and abuse in the Commission's programs and operations;
(4) Recommend policies and conduct, supervise, or coordinate other activities carried out or financed by the Commission for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud and abuse in its programs and operations;
(5) Recommend policies and coordinate communications between the Commission and other federal agencies, state and local government agencies, and nongovernment entities for:
(i) All matters relating to the promotion of economy and efficiency in the administration of, or the prevention and detection of fraud and abuse in, programs and operations administered or financed by the Commission; or
(6) Keep the Commission and Congress fully and currently informed through reports concerning fraud and other serious problems, abuses, and deficiencies relating to programs and operations administered or financed by the Commission; recommend corrective action concerning such problems, abuses, and deficiencies; and report on the progress made in implementing such corrective action.
Title 39 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 39 CFR Part 3002.