39 CFR 3004.40 - Hard copy requests for records and for expedited processing.
(a) A hard copy request for records must:
(1) Be in writing;
(2) Include the name and address of the requester;
(3) Reasonably describe the records sought;
(4) Include a daytime telephone number;
(5) Be clearly identified as “Freedom of Information Act Request” both in the text of the request and on the envelope;
(6) Identify the request category under § 3004.51; and
(7) Be submitted to the Secretary of the Commission at the offices of the Commission (901 New York Avenue, NW., Suite 200, Washington, DC 20268-0001).
(b) Expedited processing. A person demonstrating a compelling need as defined in 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(6)(E)(v) may request expedited processing at the time of an initial request (or appeal) or at a later time. In addition to the requirements in paragraph (a) of this section, an expedited request for records must:
(1) Demonstrate a compelling need as defined in 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(6)(E)(v);
(2) Be clearly identified as “Expedited Freedom of Information Act Request” both in the text of the request and on the envelope; and
(3) Certify the statement of compelling need to be true and correct to the best of the requester's knowledge and belief. At its discretion, the Commission may waive the requirement for certification.