39 CFR 3007.40 - Request for access to non-public materials.
(1) A detailed statement providing justification for access; and
(2) A list of relevant affiliations, including employment or other relationship (including agent, consultant or contractor) with the party requesting access, and whether that party is affiliated with the delivery services, communications or mailing industries.
(b) To expedite the process, each person seeking access to non-public materials may attach to the motion an executed copy of protective conditions such as those provided in Appendix A of this part.
(1) If an executed copy of protective conditions is attached and if actual notice of the motion has been provided by conversation or e-mail exchange to all persons identified by the Postal Service under § 3007.2(c), answers are due within 3 days after such a motion is filed.
(2) In all other circumstances, answers are due within 7 days after such a motion is filed.
(c) Unless the Commission otherwise provides, no reply to an answer filed pursuant to paragraph (b)(1) or paragraph (b)(2) of this section shall be filed.
(d) Following the filing of answers, if any:
(1) The Commission will issue an order allowing or denying access and setting forth the appropriate protective conditions, if any, to be accorded non-public materials, or
(2) If the Postal Service or third party with a proprietary interest does not contest a person's access subject to agreed protective conditions, the Commission or its authorized representative may issue an order allowing access subject to the agreed protective conditions.