39 CFR § 778.10 - How does the Postal Service make efforts to accommodate intergovernmental concerns?
(1) Accepts the recommendation;
(2) Reaches a mutually agreeable solution with the state process; or
(3) Provides the single point of contact with such written explanation of its decision as the Postal Service in its discretion deems appropriate. The Postal Service may also supplement the written explanation by providing the explanation to the single point of contact by telephone, other telecommunication, or other means.
(1) The Postal Service will not implement its decision for at least ten days after the single point of contact receives the explanation; or
(2) The Postal Service has reviewed the decision and determined that because of unusual circumstances, the waiting period of at least ten days is not feasible.
(c) For purposes of computing the waiting period under paragraph (b)(1) of this section, a single point of contact is presumed to have received written notification 5 days after the date of mailing of such notification.