39 CFR 955.34 - Sanctions.
(a) All parties and their attorneys must obey directions and orders prescribed by the Board and adhere to standards of conduct applicable to such parties and attorneys. As to an attorney, the standards include the rules of professional conduct and ethics of the jurisdictions in which that attorney is licensed to practice, to the extent that those rules are relevant to conduct affecting the integrity of the Board, its process, or its proceedings.
(b) If any party or its attorney fails to comply with any direction or order issued by the Board, or engages in misconduct affecting the Board, its process, or its proceedings, the Board may issue such orders as are just, including the imposition of appropriate sanctions. Sanctions may include:
(1) Taking the facts pertaining to the matter in dispute to be established for the purpose of the case;
(2) Forbidding challenge of the accuracy of any evidence;
(3) Refusing to allow the disobedient party to support or oppose designated claims or defenses;
(4) Prohibiting the disobedient party from introducing in evidence designated documents or testimony;
(5) Striking pleadings or parts thereof, or staying further proceedings until the order is obeyed;
(6) Dismissing or granting the case or any part thereof;
(7) Imposing such other sanctions as the Board deems appropriate.
(c) In addition, the Board may sanction individual attorneys for a violation of any Board order or direction or standard of conduct applicable to such individual where the violation seriously affects the integrity of the Board, its process, or its proceedings. Sanctions may be public or private, and may include admonishment, disqualification from a particular matter, disqualification from practice before the Board in accordance with 39 CFR Part 951, referral to an appropriate licensing authority, or such other action as circumstances may warrant.
Title 39 published on 05-Feb-2018 04:13
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 39 CFR Part 955 after this date.