4 CFR 83.17 - Fees.
(a) Generally, GAO's policy is to provide the first copy of any record or portion thereof, furnished as a result of this part, at no cost to the data subject or authorized representative. However, in cases where GAO deems it appropriate (for example, where the record is voluminous), the system manager or designee in his or her discretion may charge a fee when the cost for copying the record (at a rate of 20 cents per page) would be in excess of ten dollars ($10).
(b) There shall be no fees charged or collected from a data subject for the following:
(1) Search for or retrieval of the data subject's records;
(2) Review of the records;
(3) Making a copy of a record when it is a necessary part of the process of making the record available for review;
(4) Copying at the initiative of GAO without a request from the individual;
(5) Transportation of the record; and
(6) Making a copy of an amended record to provide the individual with evidence of the amendment.
(c) Certification of authenticity shall be $10 for each certificate, which fee may be waived in the discretion of the system manager or designee.