40 CFR § 1048.20 - What requirements from this part apply to excluded stationary engines?
(a) You must add a permanent label or tag to each new engine you produce or import that is excluded under § 1048.1(c) as a stationary engine and is not required by 40 CFR part 60, subpart JJJJ, to meet the standards and other requirements of this part 1048 that are equivalent to the requirements applicable to nonroad SI engines for the same model year. To meet labeling requirements, you must do the following things:
(1) Attach the label or tag in one piece so no one can remove it without destroying or defacing it.
(3) Make sure it is durable and readable for the engine's entire life.
(4) Write it in English.
(b)Engine labels or tags required under this section must have the following information:
(1) Include the heading “EMISSION CONTROL INFORMATION”.
(2) Include your full corporate name and trademark. You may instead include the full corporate name and trademark of another company you choose to designate.
(4) State: “THIS ENGINE IS EXCLUDED FROM THE REQUIREMENTS OF 40 CFR PART 1048 AS A “STATIONARY ENGINE” AND THE OWNER/OPERATOR MUST COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF 40 CFR PART 60. INSTALLING OR USING THIS ENGINE IN ANY OTHER APPLICATION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW SUBJECT TO CIVIL PENALTY.”.