40 CFR 141.708 - Requirements when making a significant change in disinfection practice.
(a) Following the completion of initial source water monitoring under § 141.701(a), a system that plans to make a significant change to its disinfection practice, as defined in paragraph (b) of this section, must develop disinfection profiles and calculate disinfection benchmarks for Giardia lamblia and viruses as described in § 141.709. Prior to changing the disinfection practice, the system must notify the State and must include in this notice the information in paragraphs (a)(1) through (3) of this section.
(1) A completed disinfection profile and disinfection benchmark for Giardia lamblia and viruses as described in § 141.709.
(2) A description of the proposed change in disinfection practice.
(3) An analysis of how the proposed change will affect the current level of disinfection.
(b) Significant changes to disinfection practice are defined as follows:
(1) Changes to the point of disinfection;
(2) Changes to the disinfectant(s) used in the treatment plant;
(3) Changes to the disinfection process; or
(4) Any other modification identified by the State as a significant change to disinfection practice.