40 CFR 147.1350 - State-administered programs - Class II wells.
The UIC program for Class II injection wells in the State of Montana, except for those in Indian Country, is the program administered by the Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation (MBOGC) approved by the EPA pursuant to Section 1425 of the SDWA. Notice of this approval was published in the Federal Register on November 19, 1996; the effective date of this program is November 19, 1996. This program consists of the following elements as submitted to EPA in the State's program application:
(a)Incorporation by reference. The requirements set forth in the State statutes and regulations cited in this paragraph are hereby incorporated by reference and made part of the applicable UIC program under the SDWA for the State of Montana. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the FR in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 1 CFR part 51. Copies may be obtained at the Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation, 2535 St. Johns Avenue, Billings, Montana, 59102. Copies may be inspected at the Environmental Protection Agency, Region VIII, 999 18th Street, Suite 500, Denver, Colorado, 80202-2466, or at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030, or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html.
(1) Montana Statutory Requirements Applicable to the Underground Injection Control Program, August, 1996.
(2) Montana Regulatory Requirements Applicable to the Underground Injection Control Program, August, 1996.
(b)Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
(2) Letter dated May 24, 1996, from the Administrator of the MBOGC and the attached addendum (Addendum No. 1-96) to the MOA between MBOGC and EPA Region VIII, signed by the Acting EPA Regional Administrator on August 14, 1996.
(c)Statement of legal authority.
(1) Letter from the Montana Attorney General to the Regional Administrator dated August 1, 1995.
(3) Letter dated March 8, 1996, from MBOGC independent counsel to USEPA, Region VIII; “Re: EPA comments of November 29, 1995, on Montana Class II primacy application.”
(4) Letter dated March 8, 1996, from the Administrator of the MBOGC and the attached proposed replacement language for the MOA; “Re: Responses to EPA comments on Montana Class II Primacy Application.”
(d)Program Description. The Program Description and any other materials submitted as part of the application or as supplemented thereto:
(1) Application and accompanying materials for approval of Montana's UIC program for Class II wells submitted by the Governor of Montana, August 3, 1995.