40 CFR 147.1801 - State-administered program
The UIC program for Class I, III, IV, and V wells in the State of Ohio, other than those on Indian lands, is the program administered by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources and the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, approved by EPA pursuant to section 1422 of the SDWA. Notice of this approval was published in the Federal Register on November 29, 1984; the effective date of this program is January 14, 1985. This program consists of the following elements, as submitted to EPA in the State's program application.
(a) Incorporation by reference. The requirements set forth in the State statutes and regulations cited in this paragraph are hereby incorporated by reference and made a part of the applicable UIC program under the SDWA for the State of Ohio. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the Federal Register effective January 14, 1985.
(1) Ohio Revised Code Annotated, sections 1509.01, 1509.03, 1509.221 (Supp. 1983);
(2) Rules of the Division of Oil and Gas, Ohio Administrative Code, sections 1501:9-7-01 through 7-14 (1984);
(3) Ohio Revised Code Annotated, sections 6111.04, 6111.043, 6111.044 (Supp. 1983);
(4) Rules of the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, Ohio Administrative Code, sections 3745-34-01 through 34-41; 3745-9-01 through 9-11 (Director Ohio EPA Order, June 18, 1984).
(b) Other laws. The following statutes and regulations, although not incorporated by reference, also are part of the approved State-administered program:
(1) Ohio Revised Code, Chapter 119 (1978 Replacement Part);
(2) Ohio Code Supplement, sections 6111.041, 6111.042, 6111.045 (Supp. 1982).
(c) (1) The Memorandum of Agreement between EPA Region V and the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, signed by the EPA Regional Administrator on March 30, 1984;
(2) Memorandum of Agreement between the Ohio Department of Natural Resources and the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, Related to the Underground Injection Control Program for the State of Ohio, signed August 1, 1984.
(d) Statement of legal authority. Statement from Attorney General of the State of Ohio, by Senior Assistant Attorney General, “Underground Injection Control Program - Attorney General's Statement,” July 25, 1984.
(e) The Program Description and any other materials submitted as part of the original application or as supplements thereto.