40 CFR 147.2104 - Requirements for all wells.
(1) A pipe analysis log; or
(2) A caliper log.
(1) Not construct a well deeper than 500 feet;
(2) Use cement and additives compatible with such casing material; and
(3) Cement the annular space above the injection intermal from the bottom of the blank casing to the surface.
(1) Protect USDWs by:
(i) Setting surface casing 50 feet below the lowermost USDW;
(ii) Cementing surface casing by recirculating the cement to the surface from a point 50 feet below the lowermost USDW; or
(iii) Isolating all USDWs by placing cement between the outermost casing and the well bore; and
(2) Isolate any injection zones by placing sufficient cement to fill the calculated space between the casing and the well bore to a point 250 feet above the injection zone; and
(3) Use cement:
(i) Of sufficient quantity and quality to withstand the maximum operating pressure; and
(ii) Which is resistant to deterioration from formation and injection fluids; and
(iii) In a quantity no less than 120% of the calculated volume necessary to cement off a zone.
(f) The applicant must give separate notice of intent to apply for a permit to each owner of record of the land within one-quarter mile of the site. The addresses of those to whom notice is given and the description of how notice was given shall be submitted with the permit application. The notice shall include:
(1) The name and address of applicant;
(2) A brief description of the planned injection activities, including well location, name and depth of the injection zone, maximum injection pressure and volume, and fluid to be injected;
(3) The EPA contact person; and
(4) A statement that opportunity to comment will be announced after EPA prepares a draft permit.
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 147 after this date.