40 CFR 147.2201 - State-administered program - Class II wells.
The UIC program for Class II wells in the State of Texas, except for those wells on Indian lands, is the program administered by the Railroad Commission of Texas, approved by EPA pursuant to section 1425 of the SDWA. Notice of this approval was published in the Federal Register on April 23, 1982 ( 47 FR 17488). The effective date of this program was May 23, 1982. This program consists of the following elements, as submitted to EPA in the State's program application:
(a)Incorporation by reference. The requirements set forth in the State statutes and regulations cited in this paragraph are hereby incorporated by reference and made a part of the applicable UIC program under the SDWA for the State of Texas. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the Federal Register on June 25, 1984.
(2) Texas Natural Resources Code Annotated sections 85.041, 85.045, 85.046 and 85.052 (Vernon 1978 and Supp. 1982);
(3) Rules Having Statewide General Application to Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resource Operations, sections .051.02.02.000 to .051.02.02.080 (Railroad Commission of Texas, Oil and Gas Division, Revised 12-22-81), amended as follows:
(i) Amendment to 16 TAC section 3.9 (section .051.02.02.009) issued December 21, 1981, effective April 1, 1982;
(ii) Amendment to 16 TAC section 3.46 (section .051.02.02.046) issued December 21, 1981, effective April 1, 1982.
(iii) Amendment to 16 TAC section 3.71 (section .051.02.02.074) issued December 21, 1981, effective April 1, 1982.
(b)Other laws. The following statutes and regulations, although not incorporated by reference, are also part of the approved State-administered UIC program:
(1) Texas Water Code, Chapters 26, 27 and 29 (Vernon 1972 and Supp. 1982);
(2) Texas Natural Resources Code, Chapters 81, 85-89, 91 and 141 (Vernon 1978 and Supp. 1982);
(3) General Rules of Practice and Procedure, Subchapters A-J (Railroad Commission of Texas, adopted November 24, 1975, revised December 1980).
(2) Letter from Director of Underground Injection Control, Railroad Commission of Texas, to Chief, Ground Water Protection Section, EPA Region VI, “Re: Letter of Clarification - UIC Program Application,” March 21, 1982.
(d)Statement of legal authority. “Statement of Legal Authority of the Railroad Commission of Texas to conduct the Underground Injection Control Program,” signed by Special Counsel, Railroad Commission of Texas, as submitted with “State of Texas Underground Injection Control Program Application for Primacy Enforcement Authority,” prepared by the Railroad Commission of Texas, January 15, 1982.
(e) The Program Description and any other materials submitted as part of the application or as supplements thereto.
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 147 after this date.