40 CFR 147.2550 - State-administered program - Class I, III, IV and V wells.
The UIC program for Class I, III, IV and V wells in the State of Wyoming, except those on Indian lands is the program administered by the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality approved by EPA pursuant to section 1422 of the SDWA. Notice of this approval was published in the Federal Register on July 15, 1983 ( 48 FR 32344); the effective date of this program is August 17, 1983. The program consists of the following elements as submitted to EPA in the State's program application:
(a)Incorporation by reference. The requirements set forth in the State statutes and regulations cited in this paragraph are hereby incorporated by reference and made a part of the applicable UIC program under the SDWA for the State of Wyoming. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the Federal Register on June 25, 1984.
(1) Wyoming Environmental Quality Act, Wyoming Statutes sections 35-11-101 through 35-11-115, and 35-11-301 through 35-11-305 (1977 Republished Edition and 1989 Cumm. Supp.);
(2) Water Quality Rules and Regulations, Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality, Chapter III: Regulations for Permit to Construct, Install or Modify Public Facilities Capable or, (sic) Causing or Contributing to Pollution (certified copy, signed December 21, 1983);
(3) Water Quality Rules and Regulations, Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality, Chapter VIII: Quality Standards for Groundwaters of Wyoming (certified copy, signed April 9, 1980);
(4) Water Quality Rules and Regulations, Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality, Chapter IX: Wyoming Groundwater Pollution Control Permit (certified copy, signed April 9, 1980);
(5) Water Quality Rules and Regulations, Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality, Chapter XIII: Prohibitions of Permits for New Hazardous Waste Injection Wells (certified copy, signed August 25, 1989);
(6) Land Quality Rules and Regulations, Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality, Chapter XXI: In Situ Mining (effective March 26, 1981).
(b)Other laws. The following statutes and regulations, although not incorporated by reference except for select sections identified in paragraph (a) of this section, are also part of the approved State-administered program:
(1) Article 9, Underground Water, Wyoming Statutes sections 41-3-901 through 41-3-938 (September 1982);
(2) Wyoming Administrative Procedure Act, Wyoming Statutes sections 9-4-101 through 9-4-115 (1988);
(3) Department of Environmental Quality Rules of Practice and Procedure (1982).
(1) The Memorandum of Agreement between EPA, Region VIII and the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality, signed by the EPA Regional Administrator on April 26, 1983.
(d)Statement of legal authority.
(1) “Attorney General's Statement - Wyoming Statutory and Regulatory Authority for Assumption of the Underground Injection Control Program Pursuant to the Federal Safe Drinking Water Act,” signed by Attorney General and Assistant Attorney General for the State of Wyoming, September 22, 1982;
(2) Letter from Attorney General for the State of Wyoming to Acting Regional Counsel, EPA Region VIII, “Re: Wyoming Assumption of the UIC Program - $36, Chapter IX, Wyoming Water Quality Rules and Regulations,” November 24, 1982.
(e) The Program Description and any other materials submitted as part of the application or amendment thereto.