40 CFR 1502.10 - Recommended format.
Agencies shall use a format for environmental impact statements which will encourage good analysis and clear presentation of the alternatives including the proposed action. The following standard format for environmental impact statements should be followed unless the agency determines that there is a compelling reason to do otherwise:
(a) Cover sheet.
(c) Table of contents.
(d) Purpose of and need for action.
(e) Alternatives including proposed action (sections 102(2)(C)(iii) and 102(2)(E) of the Act).
(f) Affected environment.
(g) Environmental consequences (especially sections 102(2)(C)(i), (ii), (iv), and (v) of the Act).
(h) List of preparers.
(i) List of Agencies, Organizations, and persons to whom copies of the statement are sent.
(k) Appendices (if any).
- 18 CFR 707.9 — Tiering.
- 18 CFR 380.7 — Format of an Environmental Impact Statement.
- 33 CFR 230.13 — Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
- 40 CFR 1502.7 — Page Limits.
- 40 CFR 1500.4 — Reducing Paperwork.
- 43 CFR 46.415 — Environmental Impact Statement Content, Alternatives, Circulation and Filing Requirements.