40 CFR 1505.2 - Record of decision in cases requiring environmental impact statements.
At the time of its decision ( § 1506.10) or, if appropriate, its recommendation to Congress, each agency shall prepare a concise public record of decision. The record, which may be integrated into any other record prepared by the agency, including that required by OMB Circular A-95 (Revised), part I, sections 6(c) and (d), and part II, section 5(b)(4), shall:
(a) State what the decision was.
(b) Identify all alternatives considered by the agency in reaching its decision, specifying the alternative or alternatives which were considered to be environmentally preferable. An agency may discuss preferences among alternatives based on relevant factors including economic and technical considerations and agency statutory missions. An agency shall identify and discuss all such factors including any essential considerations of national policy which were balanced by the agency in making its decision and state how those considerations entered into its decision.
(c) State whether all practicable means to avoid or minimize environmental harm from the alternative selected have been adopted, and if not, why they were not. A monitoring and enforcement program shall be adopted and summarized where applicable for any mitigation.
- 24 CFR 50.41 — EIS Policy.
- 32 CFR 651.26 — Record of Decision.
- 33 CFR 230.15 — Mitigation and Monitoring.
- 33 CFR 230.14 — Record of Decision and Implementation.
- 40 CFR 1506.1 — Limitations on Actions During NEPA Process.
- 40 CFR 1505.3 — Implementing the Decision.
- 40 CFR 1506.10 — Timing of Agency Action.
- 43 CFR 46.450 — Identifying the Environmentally Preferable Alternative(s).
- 46 CFR 504.8 — Record of Decision.