40 CFR 152.135 - Transfer of registration.
(a) A registrant may transfer the registration of a product to another person, and the registered product may be distributed and sold without the requirement of a new application for registration by that other person, if the parties submit to the Agency the documents listed in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section, and receive Agency approval as described in paragraph (d) of this section.
(b) Persons seeking approval of a transfer of registration must provide a document signed by the authorized representative of the registrant (the transferor) and of the person to whom the registration is transferred (the transferee) that contains the following information:
(1) The name, address and State of incorporation (if any) of the transferor;
(2) The name, address and State of incorporation of the transferee;
(3) The name(s) and EPA registration number(s) of the product(s) being transferred;
(4) A statement that the transferor transfers irrevocably to the transferee all right, title, and interest in the EPA registration(s) listed in the document;
(5) A statement that the transferred registration(s) shall not serve as collateral or otherwise secure any loan or other payment arrangement or executory promise, and that the registration(s) shall not revert to the transferor unless a new transfer agreement is submitted to and approved by the Agency;
(6) A description of the general nature of the underlying transaction, e.g., merger, spinoff, bankruptcy transfer (no financial information need be disclosed);
(7) A statement that the transferor and transferee understand that any false statement may be punishable under 18 U.S.C. 1001; and
(8) An acknowledgment by the transferee that his rights and duties concerning the registration under FIFRA and this chapter will be deemed by EPA to be the same as those of the transferor at the time the transfer is approved.
(c) In addition, the transferor must submit to the Agency a notarized statement affirming that:
(1) The person signing the transfer agreement is authorized by the registrant to bind the transferor;
(2) No court order prohibits the transfer, and that any required court approvals have been obtained; and
(3) The transfer is authorized under all relevant Federal, State and local laws and all relevant corporate charters, bylaws, partnerships, or other agreements.
(d) If the required documents are submitted, and no information available to the Agency indicates that the information is incorrect, the Agency will approve the transfer without requiring that the transferee obtain a new registration. The Agency will notify the transferor and transferee of its approval.
(e) The transfer will be effective on the date of Agency approval. Thereafter the transferee will be regarded as the registrant for all purposes under FIFRA.
(f) Rights to exclusive use of data or compensation under FIFRA section 3(c)(1)(F) are separate from the registration itself and may be retained by the transferor, or may be transferred independently in accordance with the provisions of § 152.98. If the registrant as the original data submitter wishes to transfer data rights at the same time as he transfers the registration, he may submit a single transfer document containing the information required by this section for both the registration and the data.