40 CFR 158.3 - Definitions.
All terms defined in sec. 2 of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act apply to this part and are used with the meaning given in the Act. Applicable terms from the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act also apply to this part. Individual subparts may contain definitions that pertain solely to that subpart. The following additional terms apply to this part:
Applicant means any person or entity, including for the purposes of this part a registrant, who submits, or is required to submit, to the Agency any application, petition, or submission intended to persuade EPA to grant, modify, or leave unmodified a registration or other approval required as a condition of sale or distribution of a pesticide. Such submissions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) An application for registration or amended registration of a pesticide product under FIFRA sec. 3 or 24.
(2) A submission of data required in conjunction with reregistration of a currently registered product under FIFRA sec. 4.
(3) An application for an experimental use permit under FIFRA sec. 5.
(4) A submission of data in response to a notice issued by EPA under FIFRA sec. 3(c)(2)(B).
(5) A petition to establish or modify a tolerance or an exemption from the requirement of a tolerance for a pesticide chemical residue under FFDCA sec. 408.
Registration includes a new registration, amended registration and reregistration, unless stated otherwise.