40 CFR 16.5 - Request for correction or amendment of record.

§ 16.5 Request for correction or amendment of record.

An individual may request correction or amendment of any record pertaining to him or her in a system of records maintained by EPA by submitting a request in writing to the Freedom of Information Office, or via the Agency's Privacy Act Web site at http://www.epa.gov/privacy or by fax, (202) 566-1639. The following information must be provided:

(a) The name and signature of the individual making the request;

(b) The name of the system of records;

(c) A description of the information sought to be corrected or amended and the specific reasons for the correction or amendment; and

(d) Sufficient documentation of identity as described under § 16.4(b). (An individual who is unable to provide the identification under § 16.4(b) or is submitting a request on line, must provide a statement declaring his or her identity and stipulating that he or she understands it is a misdemeanor punishable by fine up to $5,000 to knowingly and willfully seek or obtain access to records about another individual under false pretenses).

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code