40 CFR 191.11 - Applicability.
(a) This subpart applies to:
(1) Radioactive materials released into the accessible environment as a result of the disposal of spent nuclear fuel or high-level or transuranic radioactive wastes;
(2) Radiation doses received by members of the public as a result of such disposal; and
(3) Radioactive contamination of certain sources of ground water in the vicinity of disposal systems for such fuel or wastes.
(b) This subpart does not apply to:
(1) Disposal directly into the oceans or ocean sediments;
(2) Wastes disposed of before November 18, 1985; and
(3) The characterization, licensing, construction, operation, or closure of any site required to be characterized under section 113(a) of Public Law 97-425, 96 Stat. 2201.