40 CFR 264.310 - Closure and post-closure care.
(1) Provide long-term minimization of migration of liquids through the closed landfill;
(2) Function with minimum maintenance;
(3) Promote drainage and minimize erosion or abrasion of the cover;
(4) Accommodate settling and subsidence so that the cover's integrity is maintained; and
(5) Have a permeability less than or equal to the permeability of any bottom liner system or natural subsoils present.
(b) After final closure, the owner or operator must comply with all post-closure requirements contained in §§ 264.117 through 264.120, including maintenance and monitoring throughout the post-closure care period (specified in the permit under § 264.117). The owner or operator must:
(1) Maintain the integrity and effectiveness of the final cover, including making repairs to the cap as necessary to correct the effects of settling, subsidence, erosion, or other events;
(3) Maintain and monitor the leak detection system in accordance with §§ 264.301(c)(3)(iv) and (4) and 264.303(c), and comply with all other applicable leak detection system requirements of this part;
(4) Maintain and monitor the ground-water monitoring system and comply with all other applicable requirements of subpart F of this part;
(6) Protect and maintain surveyed benchmarks used in complying with § 264.309.
- 40 CFR 270.21 — Specific Part B Information Requirements for Landfills.
- 40 CFR 270.18 — Specific Part B Information Requirements for Waste Piles.
- 40 CFR 264.118 — Post-Closure Plan; Amendment of Plan.
- 40 CFR 267.111 — What General Standards Must I Meet When I Stop Operating the Unit?
- 40 CFR 264.112 — Closure Plan; Amendment of Plan.
- 40 CFR 264.114 — Disposal or Decontamination of Equipment, Structures and Soils.
- 40 CFR 761.61 — PCB Remediation Waste.