40 CFR § 265.140 - Applicability.
(a) The requirements of §§ 265.142, 265.143 and 265.147 through 265.150 apply to owners or operators of all hazardous waste facilities, except as provided otherwise in this section or in § 265.1.
(b) The requirements of §§ 265.144 and 265.145 apply only to owners and operators of:
(1) Disposal facilities;
(2) Tank systems that are required under § 265.197 of this chapter to meet the requirements for landfills; and
(3) Containment buildings that are required under § 265.1102 to meet the requirements for landfills.
(c) States and the Federal government are exempt from the requirements of this subpart.
(d) The Regional Administrator may replace all or part of the requirements of this subpart applying to a regulated unit with alternative requirements for financial assurance set out in the permit or in an enforceable document (as defined in 40 CFR 270.1(c)(7)), where the Regional Administrator:
(1) Prescribes alternative requirements for the regulated unit under § 265.90(f) and/or 265.110(d), and
(2) Determines that it is not necessary to apply the requirements of this subpart because the alternative financial assurance requirements will protect human health and the environment.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Conn. Agencies Regs. § 22a-449(c)-105 - 22a-449(c)-105 - Interim status standards for owners and operators of hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal facilities
- 15A NCAC 13A .0110 - 15A NCAC 13A .0110 - INTERIM STATUS STANDARDS FOR OWNERS AND OPERATORS OF HAZARDOUS WASTE TREATMENT, STORAGE, AND DISPOSAL FACILITIES -
- TN Rules and Regs. 0400-12-01-.05 - 0400-12-01-.05 - INTERIM STATUS STANDARDS FOR OWNERS AND OPERATORS OF EXISTING HAZARDOUS WASTE TREATMENT, STORAGE, AND DISPOSAL FACILITIES
- Utah Admin. Code R315-261-151 - R315-261-151 - Financial Requirements for Management of Excluded Hazardous Secondary Materials -- Wording of the Instruments.
- Utah Admin. Code R315-264-151 - R315-264-151 - Financial Requirements -- Wording of the Instruments.
- Utah Admin. Code R315-266-103 - R315-266-103 - Hazardous Waste Burned in Boilers and Industrial Furnaces -- Interim Status Standards for Burners.