40 CFR § 279.57 - Operating record and reporting.
(a) Operating record.
(1) The owner or operator must keep a written operating record at the facility.
(2) The following information must be recorded, as it becomes available, and maintained in the operating record until closure of the facility;
(i) Records and results of used oil analyses performed as described in the analysis plan required under § 279.55; and
(ii) Summary reports and details of all incidents that require implementation of the contingency plan as specified in § 279.52(b).
(b) Reporting. A used oil processor/re-refiner must report to the Regional Administrator, in the form of a letter, on a biennial basis (by March 1 of each even numbered year), the following information concerning used oil activities during the previous calendar year;
(1) The EPA identification number, name, and address of the processor/re-refiner;
(2) The calendar year covered by the report; and
(3) The quantities of used oil accepted for processing/re-refining and the manner in which the used oil is processed/re-refined, including the specific processes employed.