40 CFR 3.1 - Who does this part apply to?
(a) This part applies to:
(1) Persons who submit reports or other documents to EPA to satisfy requirements under Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR); and
(2) States, tribes, and local governments administering or seeking to administer authorized programs under Title 40 of the CFR.
(b) This part does not apply to:
(1) Documents submitted via facsimile in satisfaction of reporting requirements as permitted under other parts of Title 40 or under authorized programs;
(2) Electronic documents submitted via magnetic or optical media such as diskette, compact disc, digital video disc, or tape in satisfaction of reporting requirements, as permitted under other parts of Title 40 or under authorized programs; or
(3) Documents and information submitted under grants, cooperative agreements, or financial assistant regulations contained in Title 40.
(c) This part does not apply to any data transfers between EPA and states, tribes, or local governments as a part of their authorized programs or as a part of administrative arrangements between states, tribes, or local governments and EPA to share data.