40 CFR 35.3015 - Extent of State responsibilities.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, the Regional Administrator may delegate to the State agency authority to review and certify all construction grant documents required before and after grant award and to perform all construction grant review and management activities necessary to administer the construction grants program.
(b) The State may also act as the manager of waste treatment construction grant projects for small communities. The State, with the approval of the community, may serve as the community contracting agent and undertake responsibilities such as negotiating subagreements, providing technical assistance, and assisting the community in exercising its resident engineering responsibility. In this capacity, the State is in the same position as a private entity and cannot require a small community to hold the State harmless from negligent acts or omissions. The State may also execute an agreement with any organization within the State government, other than the State agency, which is capable of performing these services. The terms of the agreement to provide these services to small communities must be approved by the Regional Administrator before execution of the agreement.
(c) The Regional Administrator shall retain overall responsibility for the construction grant program and exercise direct authority for the following:
(1) Construction grant assistance awards, grant amendments, payments, and terminations;
(2) Projects where an overriding Federal interest requires greater Federal involvement;
(3) Final determinations under Federal statutes and Executive Orders (e.g., the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969, 42 U.S.C. 4321 et seq., Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. 2000d et seq.), except for sections 201, 203, 204, and 212 of the Clean Water Act;
(4) Final resolution of construction grant audit exceptions; and
(5) Procurement determinations listed under 40 CFR 33.001(g).
Title 40 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 35 after this date.