40 CFR 35.501 - Environmental programs covered by the subpart.
(a) The requirements in this subpart apply to all grants awarded for the following programs:
(1) Performance Partnership Grants (1996 Omnibus Consolidated Rescissions and Appropriations Act of 1996, Pub. L. 104-134; 110 Stat. 1321, 1321-299 (1996) and Departments of Veterans Affairs, Housing and Urban Development, and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act of 1998, Pub. L. 105-65; 111 Stat. 1344, 1373 (1997)).
(2) The Indian Environmental General Assistance Program Act of 1992, 42 U.S.C. 4368b.
(3) Clean Air Act. Air pollution control (section 105).
(4) Clean Water Act.
(i) Water pollution control (section 106 and 518).
(ii) Water quality cooperative agreements (section 104(b)(3)).
(iii) Wetlands development grant program (section 104(b)(3)).
(iv) Nonpoint source management (section 319(h)).
(5) Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act.
(i) Pesticide cooperative enforcement (section 23(a)(1)).
(ii) Pesticide applicator certification and training (section 23(a)(2)).
(iii) Pesticide program implementation (section 23(a)(1)).
(6) Pollution Prevention Act of 1990. Pollution prevention grants for Tribes (section 6605).
(7) Safe Drinking Water Act.
(i) Public water system supervision (section 1443(a)).
(ii) Underground water source protection (section 1443(b)).
(8) Toxic Substances Control Act.
(i) Lead-based paint program (section 404(g)).
(ii) Indoor radon grants (section 306).
(iii) Toxic substances compliance monitoring (section 28).
(9) Department of Veterans Affairs and Housing and Urban Development, and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 1999 (Pub. L. 105-276; 112 Stat. 2461, 2499; 42 U.S.C. 6908a).
(i) Hazardous Waste Management Program Grants (Pub. L. 105-276; 112 Stat. 2461, 2499; 42 U.S.C. 6908a).
(ii) Underground Storage Tanks Program Grants (Pub. L. 105-276; 112 Stat. 2461, 2499; 42 U.S.C. 6908a).
(10) Tribal Response Program Grants (section 128(a) of the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)).
(b) Unless otherwise prohibited by statute or regulation, the requirements in § 35.500 through § 35.518 of this subpart also apply to grants to Indian Tribes and Intertribal Consortia under environmental programs established after this subpart becomes effective, if specified in Agency guidance for such programs.
(c) In the event a grant is awarded from EPA headquarters for one of the programs listed in paragraph (a) of this section, this subpart shall apply and the term “Regional Administrator” shall mean “Assistant Administrator'.
Title 40 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 35 after this date.