40 CFR 35.504 - Eligibility of an Intertribal Consortium.
(a) An Intertribal Consortium is eligible to receive grants under the authorities listed in § 35.501 only if the Consortium demonstrates that all members of the Consortium meet the eligibility requirements for the grant and authorize the Consortium to apply for and receive assistance in accordance with paragraph (c) of this section, except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section.
(1) A majority of its members meets the eligibility requirements for the grant;
(2) All members that meet the eligibility requirements authorize the Consortium to apply for and receive assistance; and
(3) It has adequate accounting controls to ensure that only members that meet the eligibility requirements will benefit directly from the grant project and will receive and manage grant funds, and the Consortium agrees to a grant condition to that effect.
(c) An Intertribal Consortium must submit to EPA adequate documentation of:
(1) The existence of the partnership between Indian Tribal governments, and
(2) Authorization of the Consortium by all its members (or in the case of the General Assistance Program, all members that meet the eligibility requirements for a General Assistance Program grant) to apply for and receive the grant(s) for which the Consortium has applied.