40 CFR 40.125-2 - Limitations on assistance.
In addition to the cost-sharing requirements pursuant to 2 CFR 200.306, research and demonstration grants shall be governed by the specific assistance limitations listed below:
(a)Federal Water Pollution Control Act.
(1) Section 104(s) - no grant in any fiscal year may exceed $1 million.
(2) Sections 105 (a), (c) and 108 - no grant may exceed 75 percent of the allowable actual project costs.
(b)Clean Air Act.
(1) Section 104 - no grant may exceed $1,500,000.
(c)Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
(1) Sections 8001, 8004, and 8005. The maximum practicable cost sharing is required.
(2) Section 8006. The Federal share for any grant for the demonstration of resource recovery systems shall not exceed 75 percent and is subject to the conditions contained in section 8006(b) of the Act. The Federal share for any grant for the construction of new or improved solid waste disposal facilities shall not exceed 50 percent in the case of a project serving an area which includes only one municipality and 75 percent in any other case, and is subject to the limitations contained in section 8006(c) of the Act. Not more than 15 percent of the total funds authorized to be appropriated for any fiscal year to carry out this section shall be awarded for projects in any one State.
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 40 after this date.
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.